Translate

Friday, July 5, 2013

Good Belly

So I began using a probiotic called Good Belly and so far it's been pretty helpful. I'm only on day 3 but it's delicious and certainly hasn't caused any harm. Good Belly is a probiotic drink that is both dairy AND gluten free. This is the first I've found. I had tried a few before but they all made things worse because they contained one of the two allergens. My family and I then did some research and found this drink. They have a variety in dairy free that are really easy to find and then the slightly more elusive gluten free versions. It took me a while to find one but the other day I did and am now testing it out.

For those of you who don't know what a probiotic is, it's a supplement that puts some good bacterias in your stomach that are necessary for healthy digestion. These bacteria are very important, especially for people with issues like mine who are lacking specific bacteria that are needed to digest the foods they have issues with. Now it's not going to magically make you able to tolerate cheese and bread if you can't but it should help you digest everything you do eat easier. So for me it could mean I might be able to eat peanut butter again or one of the many other things that I have mild issues digesting.

I have the gluten free and dairy free version of it. You can tell easily because of the green cap and it also says "Now Gluten Free". I got the orange kind and it's a great way to start my morning. They have this thing called the 12 Day Challenge. They say if you don't notice a difference in that time you'll get your money back. So I will keep you updated as I try this out for 12 days. I have 9 days left! But so far so good! :) If this doesn't work out I will post my continued search for a probiotic and a healthier happier stomach.

1 comment: