Translate

Sunday, August 25, 2013

A Miracle Find!!

The other day I found something that I have spent the past few years searching for. It was a gluten and dairy free Pizza Place. It was a miracle. Both gluten and dairy free pizza is almost impossible to find anywhere. Usually you have to make it and believe me when I say it's not the same. If you have ever eaten real pizza the substitutes you make at home fall flat and are choked down with a smile because you aren't willing to admit how much your life sucks. There are the Amy's frozen pizza's, a few of which are either gluten or dairy free and only one that I've seen that is both. I admit they are better than the ones I've struggled through at home but they still weren't quite the same. Now I am an avid pizza lover. Losing pizza was really difficult for me. So believe me when I say I searched long and hard to find a suitable replacement. And about a week ago I found one right near my house.

It all began when a friend of mine who has my same intolerances told me about a place she had found in Santa Monica called Fresh Brothers. I got really excited to try it but I'm almost never in Santa Monica so I never got the chance. I merely filed the name in the back of my mind for a later date. Now fast forward to almost a year later. Here I am planning to go to the beach with my roommate and I remember Fresh Brothers. I decide to look up where in Santa Monic it is. Up pops it's website and low and behold it has other locations. I begin seeing which ones might be closest to me and I see one that looks like it is next to one of my favorite nearby sushi places. I quickly type in the address on google and see that it is less than a mile from me and not only that but it delivers. I couldn't contain my excitement. The next day we ordered in  their pizza and I was in heaven. I tried their BBQ chicken pizza and it tasted just how I remember pizza tasting back in the good old days.

I need to go again because they had a very extensive menu. There were a ton of very gourmet pizzas that could all be made gluten and dairy free. And the pricing really wasn't too bad at all. I can't believe my luck with this place. Anywhere else is either only gluten or dairy free and usually only has one or maybe two options but this place was full of options. You could never get bored with it. Here is the link to their gluten free menu:

www.freshbrothers.com/gfree.htm

They have multiple locations all over LA. Check out their store info to see if there is one near you or if you head over this direction on a vacation where the nearest one would be. Believe me, you won't regret it. This pizza alone would be worth the trip for anyone who is allergic to gluten and dairy. If you try it, let me know what you think. And if you know of any other restaurants that cater to our picky stomachs feel free to share. I'm always looking for more :)

No comments:

Post a Comment